Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fishing With My Son

I am so blessed and thankful.
Blessed that I have three amazing and wonderful sons.
Thankful that I am able to spend time with them when they have it.
Thankful to be alive and enjoy what God/ Our Creator has given to us to enjoy.


There is beauty all around us....we just have to take the time to stop and soak it all in. The Bible tells us to "be still and know that I am God"...I truly believe this is what he's talking about. His Glorious creations.
When my sons were small I used to take them fishing when their dad was away. It gave us something to do, something we all enjoyed. I miss those days....I miss them as youngsters.
But, on days like today, I am thankful that they have grown into fine young men....thankful that they want to call me up to get away for a while.
I'm talking like they take me fishing a lot but truth be known this is the first time.They usually don't have the time to take a whole day to go fishing, but will call up and ask me to meet them for lunch from time to time. So, I was thrilled when my oldest wanted to take me fishing.

I ran into a snag and had to make a phone call to get a license to fish, then I had to buy a tag to go with the license in order to fish in certain "public" fishing areas. The tag was a WMA tag. Wildlife Management.......I got upset at first because of all of the add ons, but after I calmed down and let the beauty of the place sink in again, something occurred to me......Developers are trying to buy up peaceful places like this all the time. They buy it up, doze it down and out and totally destroy the wildlife and beauty, all because they want the money and people want to live in places like this. It's sad to me...people want to live here, until they "live" here. We see it all the time! People want something and once they get it they don't like or want it anymore. Something about it starts to irratate them, bugs, animals, etc. then they want to sell out and move. This place and places like this are heavenly.......but I wouldn't want to live here. Places like this, is meant for "get aways", to relax, reflect, breathe, appreciate what we have. Wildlife has to have places to live, but we humans seem to be taking their homes from them, just because it's so peaceful and beautiful.......anyway, I understand now why we pay the price for licenses and tags......Thank you Wildlife Management for protecting these places for us to enjoy and the animals to live.
Beautiful butterflies, this was the only place they were congregated.
Catch of the day LOL It was just a wee bit larger than my hand which is small.
Not sure what type of bird this is, I haven't had time to look it up yet.
I learned somethings today that I've known for quite a while ;) It doesn't matter where you are, there is always beauty in your surroundings....you just have to look harder sometimes is all.
And spending time with your child/children is a blessing that no parent should ever take for granted. They are gifts to us, they didn't ask for us to bring them here, it is/was a choice that we made as a parent want-to-be. A parent doesn't have to give birth, just an open heart that's full of love...unending and unconditional.
Thank you my Son, for taking me fishing..I had an awesome day, because I was able to spend it with you!

TTFN!
Julie

3 comments:

  1. It's a bream! Depending on the breast color we called them 'yellow bellies' and 'red bellies'. Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it is a "yellow belly" or "sun" bream, that's what we call them too. I don't care for them, I most of the time release what I catch unless it's something someone likes or will eat. I'm not much of a fish eater, but I do like to fish!
    Angie, I had an Awesomely, Wonderful Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful day! It looks absolutely wonderful. I'm so glad you had such a nice day with your son. That bird looks like an egret. Very pretty. All of your pictures are!

    ReplyDelete