Search This Blog

Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's Always Something!

To quote one of my all time favorite Actresses/Comediennes...Gilda Radner Wilder. I Loved her!
Anyway, it IS always something! We have put up with everything here after my chickens! Dogs killed quite a few, raccoons more than I want to think, Hawks....snakes eating the eggs but people I have to tell ya, this one takes the cake! We live in a community where people around us here have NO consideration for neighbors! We put up a fence to keep OUR dogs from roaming, but it seems that since that has happened the neighborhood has gone to pot! The cats around here have gotten horribly out of control, I fear we are close to a feral case with them! They are multiplying like crazy! I can't believe the irresponsibility of people! I guess I'm on my soap box today, but believe me I've calmed down!
Look at this fella here! He IS NOT mine and has NO business in MY yard! Can you believe this?? He has his own hens in his yard but is over here everyday! That is the entrance to my chicken yard where he is. I tried to run him in there so I could catch him, but he's on to me:-) That's why the blurred picture. Anyway, my poor Sunny (he is NOT a fighter) has done his best to keep him fought off, they both have some serious wounds. Fortunate for Sunny he has someone that cares about his wounds. So until I can get in touch with his owners or catch him, I will keep my girls and boys locked up! I am so mad about this! "It just goes to show you.....It's Always Something!"
Here's my boy, even his eye was swollen, he put up a good fight for not being a fighter, poor guy.
Cochins are big chickens and are the most docile of all to me. I really enjoy this breed.
Again!.....He/she has set up a living space! Can you see it? In the crack directly behind that little white jar....a snake. The same one that I caught eating eggs a few months back...you can read about it in one of my older posts. I haven't had it in me to get him out lately, too much happening around here and for now he's not bothering anything, just enjoying an egg now and then. Nothing missed.....
This is a gulf fritillary caterpillar on my passion fruit vine. If you have passion fruit growing please leave these plants and let the cold take care of them... I know they will look awful but the butterflies thrive on these plants. They eat the leaves. These vines grow wild here and I think the blooms are beautiful. You can also eat the fruit, if you have them and are interested you can google them or ask me :)
This is one of my joys......I love these little creatures....he was making his rounds on my window, going in and out of the crevices of the vinyl siding looking for spiders and insects.

I want to dedicate this post to my "Late" Papa T and two of his brothers, Uncle James and Fred.
Papa T., Thank you for Loving and taking care of my Mom, and for looking out for her, you were a great provider and I Love You, and Mama I Love You.
Uncle James...I danced my first dance with you when I was only a toddler, I still remember it like it was yesterday. I'm glad for the memories, thank you, I love you and Aunt Net.
Fred, I'm glad we are Bee buddies.....I Love you and Liz too.
Even though "It's Always Something" we still have the "Joys" that life has also given us. Sometimes we just need to take the time to "be still" and look around.
I Love All of You!
TTFN!
Julie

4 comments:

  1. Lordy - I can't believe you have to deal with a neighbor's rooster! That would make me SO mad too! I don't blame you one single bit. Poor Sunny. What a sweet boy.

    I agree with you about the snake - they're annoying but they only take an egg or two. I do worry about the biddies when they're around though.

    I love those little lizards too. We don't have them here. We have other lizards, and I like them, but nothing like those little Georgia chameleons!

    I'm so sorry about your father-in-law. You, your mom, and family remain in my thoughts and my heart.

    Love you, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! A rooster of all things! Go figure, but it IS me LOL.
    What kind of lizards do y'all have there? I love them all! I've had iguanas in the past and the boys have had geckos and other sorts! They live wild and free in Fla. It's an amazing sight!
    Thank you for your thoughts, hopefully in time things will heal.
    Love you too!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant believe that someone doesnt care enough about their animals to keep them where they can see them...grr some people. I love reading your blogs and seeing the pictures. It makes me feel a little closer to home for a little bit. I love you Aunt Julie :)
    Love Cloe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cloe,
    I know! It makes me angry too.
    Thank you babe, I wish you were closer to home too. I miss you, but please enjoy where you and B are, you may never get another chance.
    I love you too!

    ReplyDelete